Leadership House is a shared-interest residential community that allows approximately 40 first-year students the opportunity to explore leadership through fun, hands-on activities and interactive workshops. Students participating in Leadership House become more aware of the complexities of leadership and how they apply to life at Rensselaer and beyond; all while developing close friends as they reside in a supportive community on a common floor within a specific residence hall. Leadership House is located on the second floor of Bray Hall and is a partnership between the Office of Student Living and Learning and the Archer Center for Student Leadership Development.
Leadership House is designed as a full year experience during which time students have the opportunity to examine leadership through a variety of topics including:
- Goal Setting
- Leadership Styles & Characteristics
- Teambuilding & Team Dynamics
- Conflict Management
- Values Clarification & the Appreciation of Differences
- Decision Making
Throughout the course of the year Leadership House participants will:
- Examine leadership theories, their applicability, and their implications.
- Identify essential elements of effective leadership in practice.
- Analyze personal values and link them to goals and vision.
- Articulate their own understanding of the purposes, processes, and practices, of leadership.
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy.
Last modified: Apr 10, 2018