Student Living & Learning Staff Selection Process
Staff Selection for Fall 2017 has begun!
We are excited that you are interesting in being on our staff for Fall 2017! The Resident Assistant position is one of the premier leadership opportunities on campus, and one of the most recognizable leadership positions you can put on a resume. Be part of a great team of student leaders, receive a week of leadership training, and develop skills marketable in any job.
You can review the RA Job Description here for a full review of job responsibilities.
The minimum qualifications are you must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA, you cannot have an active judicial status as of your start date, and you must be in the junior, senior, or co-terminal cohort as of Fall 2017. Note: the GPA requirement is being raised from 2.0 to 2.5 as of Fall 2016 to reflect the importance of being a role model in and out of the classroom.
There are three parts to the application:
- Complete the application below or you can view it here.
- Have two recommendations sent to Student Living & Learning. The recommendation form is here!
- If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Dean, Brooke Surprenant at email@example.com, or call our office at 518-276-6284.
Timeline for RA Selection
- October 10th - Application opens for Fall 2017 Resident Assistant position
- October 24th - Applications Due
- Information Sessions in RPI Student Union 3202:
- 10/10 at 12:00pm
- 10/12 at 12:00pm
- 10/14 at 12:00pm
- Information Sessions in Cary Classroom::
- 10/17 at 7:00pm
- 10/19 at 8:00pm
- 10/21 at 7:00pm
- Group Process Days:
- November 6th or November 8th
- November 12th through 13th - Interview Processes
- December 16th - Decisions emailed to candidates, including placements if applicable
If you are interested in the position, here are some things you can do to better get acquainted with Student Living & Learning and the RA or LA Position!
- Follow us on Twitter(@rpiResLife) or on Facebook! #Awesome!
- Invite your RA, LA or RD out for a meal to ask about their experiences. RA, RDs and LAs have the best stories!
- Get involved in your Hall Council and RSA! Its a great way to get connected to Student Living & Learning so we can get to know you, and to develop your Community Building and Programming skills!
- Explore Residentassistant.com. They have great articles written by RAs and Student Living & Learning professional staff.
- Get familiar with the CLASS Initiative. CLASS informs a lot of the work we do in Student Living & Learning, particularly as it relates to programming. Get to know CLASS and you'll be well on your way to understanding a lot of the fundamentals behind being a staff member!
Last modified: Jan 24, 2017