Quadrangle ("The Quad")
Classical housing just between classes and the Student
- About Quad
- The Quadrangle, or The Quad for short, was one of
the first residence halls on campus and recently
renovated during the summers of 2017 and 2018. It is
conveniently located on the academic side of campus
and is comprised of 19 stacks. The first two floors
of each stack consist of suite style rooms and the
third floor has single rooms with floor bathrooms.
There is a lawn in the center of the stacks where
residents get together to do work, enjoy events, or
- Room Options
- Co-ed; shared and floor baths
- The Quad houses 450 students in single, double,
and triple rooms. It is divided into 19 units, each
with its own entry. Each has a small kitchen on the
first floor and a study-lounge on the second.
- Quad is located alongside 15th Street, across the
street from the Student Union.
- Fun Fact
- The Quadrangle is RPI's oldest, largest, and most
venerated residence hall. Built in 1919, it was
completely renovated and reopened in 1988.
Last modified: Aug 3,