Quadrangle ("The Quad")
Classical housing just between classes and the Student
- About Quad
- The Quadrangle, or The Quad for short, was one of
the first residence halls on campus and recently
renovated in the 1980s. It is conviently located on
the academic side of campus and is comprised of 19
stacks. The first two floors of each stack consist of
suite style rooms and the third floor has single
rooms with floor bathrooms. There is a lawn in the
center of the stacks where residents get together to
do work, enjoy events, or watch movies.
- Room Options
- Co-ed; shared and floor baths
- Student Staff, '13-'14
- The Quad is a part of Commons IV. The Resident
Directors are Elise Budd (Quad I) and Eddie
Viscasillas (Quad II).
- The Quad houses 450 students in single, double,
and triple rooms. It is divided into 19 units, each
with its own entry. Each has a small kitchen on the
first floor and a study-lounge on the second.
- Quad is located alongside 15th Street, across the
street from the Student Union.
- Fun Fact
- The Quadrangle is RPI's oldest, largest, and most
venerated residence hall. Built in 1919, it was
completely renovated and reopened in 1988.
Last modified: Mar 13,