Triple style housing for first year students across from
Commons Dining Hall
- About Barton
- Barton was first opened in Fall 2000. It has
three-person rooms with a mix of suite bathrooms and
- Room Options
- Shared bath
- Floor bath
- Half of the rooms are arranged in pairs with a
full bath between. The other rooms share a floor bath
and are grouped to 7 to 8 rooms per floor. The
building features floor lounges and several meeting
- The lowest floor's lounge spans three sections
and is accessible by all students in the building.
Laundry machines are also provided on that
- Living in Barton
- Students living in Barton are right at the center
of campus activities, and have great access to a lot
of opportunities to participate in student life.
Commons, the Student Union, Ground Zero, and all the
other dormitories on the hill are at most a few
minute's walk away.
- Barton's main entrance is on the third floor and
faces Commons Dining Hall. Parking is available on
the corner of Sage and Burdett Avenues.
- Fun Fact
- Barton is frequently used during student tours
and orentations as an example of RPI's housing
because of how brightly lit, well furnished, and
downright cheerful it is.
Last modified: May 24,