Office of Residence Life

Winter Break Housing 2013-2014

Is there housing available for the winter break?

Winter break housing will be available to those students who are unable to vacate their residence halls for the break. Housing may be limited, and is available only to those students who are unable to leave due to great distance, financial difficulties or Institute requirements. The apartment areas (Polytech, RAHP, Stacwyck, Bryckwyck, and Colonie), as well as Blitman Commons, Crockett Hall and Hall Hall will remain open during the winter break.

What do I need to do if I live in one of those areas?

If you are currently assigned to one of those buildings and want to stay in your room, you must complete the Winter Break Housing Application here

What do I do if I do not live in one of the areas that will be open?

If you do not currently live in one of the residence areas that will remain open for the break, you must find a student in one of the open areas who will allow you to stay in his/her room. You must complete the same request form (Winter Break Housing Application)

How much does it cost?

There is no cost for winter break housing for the 2012-2013 academic year.

What if I don't know anyone in the open areas?

If you do not know any students in the above area, please contact the Residence Life Office. We will assist you in finding a space.

Who can I contact if I have more questions?

You can call the Residence Life Office during business hours at x6284, email, or tweet us @RPIResLife.

Last modified: Apr 21, 2014