Summer Storage Information
Rensselaer's Office of Student Living and Learning provides a limited amount of community storage at no charge as a service to residents who are returning to housing in Fall 2017. The storage locations are Nugent and Warren.
Rensselaer's Office of Student Living and Learning has established specific storage policies and procedures to manage storage service for students in as secure and consistent a manner as is reasonably possible. For this reason, access to residence hall storage is granted to students only by Student Living and Learning staff. In order to use the storage, residents must meet the following guidelines and policy.
- Residents must have their ID Cards with them to retrieve stored items.
- Storage is only offered to students who live (maintain a permanent home address) outside of a 300 mile radius from RPI. Only students living in RPI Residence Halls and Apartments in Fall 2017 may store items in the Student Living and Learning storage spaces.
- Small appliances, e.g. small refrigerators, are acceptable. All items must be stored in sealed boxes or plastic containers. Luggage (suitcases, duffle bags, and backpacks) may be stored.
- NO LARGE appliances, TVs, carpets (rugs), bicycles, or furniture are allowed in storage due to limited space. Storage areas are limited in size and will not accommodate large pieces of furniture. Rensselaer-issued furniture may not be placed in storage.
- Plastic bags, trash bags, perishable food, flammable or hazardous materials are not allowed to be stored.
- All storage items must be labeled with first name, last name, RIN number and phone numbers.
- The Institute is not responsible for items left in storage, including damages, due to events such are fire or water. Students should not store expensive belongings such as stereos, computers, etc. Students are encouraged to insure stored belongings with a renter's policy or a rider on a homeowner's insurance policy.
- Items stored must be claimed by September 30, 2017 or the items will be discarded.
Storage areas will be open at the end of the Spring 2017 semester for storage based on the schedule below. All hours are subject to change depending on staffing. As storage areas fill up, they will be marked as closed on this page. Please check back for schedule changes or contact Student Living and Learning.
|Building||Wednesday, May 3, 2017||Friday, May 5, 2017||Tuesday, May 9, 2017||Thursday, May 11, 2017|
In addition, the commercial storage vendors listed below have indicated an interest in providing storage to students. They are listed for your assistance but are not endorsed or promoted by Rensselaer. Consider any contract or lease carefully before signing.
75 Gurley Ave
Troy, NY 12182
Security deposit is waived for Rensselaer students along with flexible hours.
Mullen Mobile Storage
We bring it, you load it, we take it away.
All College Storage
Last modified: Apr 13, 2017