1. Members of the Rensselaer community who believe they have experienced Sexual Misconduct may choose to report the incident to the Institute, to law enforcement, to both, or not to report at all. For more information, visit https://sexualviolence.rpi.edu.
To report Sexual Misconduct to the Institute, contact the Department of Public Safety at (518)276-6611 (emergency) or (518) 276-6656 (non-emergency). You can also report to the Dean of Students Office, a Title IX Coordinator or a Title IX Portfolio Liaison, or make an anonymous report online. More information can be found here:https://sexualviolence.rpi.edu/what-to-do
To make a report to local law enforcement, call 911 (emergency) or (518) 270-4411 (non-emergency). To make a report to New York State Police, call (844) 845-7269.
The Department of Public Safety is able to assist you in making a criminal complaint, filing in Family or Civil Court, or requesting or understanding an Order of Protection.
Members of the Student Living and Learning Staff, including Resident and Learning Assistants and Resident Directors, are Responsible Employees who are required to report disclosures of Sexual Misconduct. However, please be assured that ALL staff at Rensselaer will respect and maintain your privacy to the greatest extent practicable.
To speak confidentially with a counselor, students may contact:
RPI Student Health Center
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm:
- Medical: (518) 276-6287
- Counseling: (518) 276-6479
- After hours, 24/7:
- Call Public Safety and ask for the counselor on call: (518) 276-6656
- The Sexual Assault and Crime Victims Assistance Program, Rensselaer County Sexual Assault 24/7 Hotline: (518) 271-3257.
- Crime Victim and Sexual Violence Center, Albany County, Sexual Assault 24/7 Hotline: (518) 447-7716.
Last modified: May 26, 2017