Summer 2018 Storage Information
Summer Storage Information
Rensselaer's Office of Student Living and Learning provides a limited amount of community storage, at no charge, as a service to residents who are returning to Institute housing for the Fall 2019 semester. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide storage for students with a spring-only contract. The storage location for Wednesday, May 9, 2018, is Warren Hall.
Storage for Wednesday, May 9, 2018, both morning and afternoon shifts, will be in Warren Hall. Please go to the back door of Warren Hall to place personal items in storage.
Rensselaer's Office of Student Living and Learning has established specific storage policies and procedures to manage storage service for students in as secure and consistent a manner as is reasonably possible. For this reason, access to residence hall storage is granted to students only by Student Living and Learning staff. In order to use the storage, residents must meet the following guidelines and policy.
- Residents must have their ID Cards with them to retrieve stored items.
Storage is only offered to students who live (maintain a
permanent home address) outside of the United States or in
a US state other than Connecticut, Delaware,
Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey,
New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and
Vermont*. Only students living in RPI Residence
Halls and Apartments in Fall
2018 may store items in the Student Living
and Learning storage spaces.
*In past years, the Office of Student Living and Learning has offered storage to students residing outside of a 300 mile radius from RPI. Due to the complexity of calculating the distance, the office is moving to a state policy. If you live in one of the states not included in this new policy, but outside of the 300 mile radius, you may apply for an exemption to this rule for this year only. To be considered for an exemption, please email Aaron Youmans.
- Small appliances, e.g. small refrigerators, are acceptable. All items must be stored in sealed boxes or plastic containers. Luggage (suitcases, duffle bags, and backpacks) may be stored.
- NO LARGE appliances, TVs, carpets (rugs), bicycles, or furniture are allowed in storage due to limited space. Storage areas are limited in size and will not accommodate large pieces of furniture. Rensselaer-issued furniture may not be placed in storage.
- Personal items in plastic bags or trash bags, perishable food, and flammable or hazardous materials are not allowed to be stored.
- All storage items must be labeled with first name, last name, RIN number and phone numbers.
- The Institute is not responsible for items left in storage, including damages, due to events such are fire or water. Students should not store expensive belongings such as stereos, computers, etc. Students are encouraged to insure stored belongings with a renter's policy or a rider on a homeowner's insurance policy.
- Student will be unable to access items during the summer. Dates and times will be released over the summer for when students may retrieve their items. We encourage students to not store items that you will need immediate access to in the fall (e.g. bedding)
- Items stored must be claimed by October 1, 2018 or the items will be discarded.
Storage areas will be open at the end of the Spring 2018 semester for storage based on the schedule below. All hours are subject to change depending on staffing.
|Tuesday, May 1, 2018||Thursday, May 3, 2018||Monday, May 7, 2018||Wednesday, May 9, 2018|
In addition, the commercial storage vendors listed below have indicated an interest in providing storage to students. They are listed for your assistance but are not endorsed or promoted by Rensselaer. Consider any contract or lease carefully before signing.
75 Gurley Ave
Troy, NY 12182
Security deposit is waived for Rensselaer students along with flexible hours.
Mullen Mobile Storage
We bring it, you load it, we take it away.
All College Storage
Last modified: May 8, 2018